Welcome back to the Proust series! I acquired Ballad not too long ago, and realised today that she did not get to have her turn at this just yet.
Ballad has been a delight to shell. In my opinion, she is not as fleshed out as her companions as of the moment; her character was created to fit the Marien sculpt (which I was quite adamant on getting because we shared a name!) What I did know from the get-go was that I wanted Jin to have younger siblings. I have always been fascinated by the dynamic between and among the Crawley sisters of Downton Abbey; I wanted to have something similar present in my own characters.
Much of Ballad was inspired by the youngest Crawley sister, the late Sibyl. Ballad, though much younger than most of the characters in the novel, certainly knows her own mind. She is effervescent, kind-hearted, and adventurous, and has little to no regard for authority figures that try (in vain) to temper her spirit. She is close to both Jin and Maddox, and often takes the role of being the glue that holds her eternally feuding brothers together.
I still have to take some new photographs of Ballad (as well as the rest of the crew so they may have matching profile photos), so bear with me for a bit while this remains blank.
Your Friend and Author,
Full Name: Ballad Forbes
Doll Sculpt: Iplehouse SID Carved Heritage Marien in Normal Skin
Code Name: Epaulet
Hair Colour: Naturally black, sometimes streaked with blue and grey
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Blood Type: AB –
Date of Birth: 25th of August
Place of Birth: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Occupation: Intern / Fashion Designer (in the making)
Father – Gordon Forbes
Mother – Laine Forbes (née Reynolds)
Older Stepbrother – Shinomori Jin
Older Brother – Maddox Forbes
Nephew – Shinomori Aoi / “Little Blue”
Myers-Briggs Personality Type:
ESFP – Assertive
~ + ~ + ~ + ~
1.) What is your idea of perfect happiness?
– “Having the opportunity to make beautiful clothes and seeing beautiful people wear them.”
2.) What is your greatest fear?
– “That I will be beyond marriageable hope someday. I do have dreams of getting married. I certainly don’t have any intentions of spending the rest of my life alone!”
3.) What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
– “Oh gosh! I can never seem to tidy any of my work spaces up. I also have the tendency to be somewhat disorganised.”
4.) What is the trait you most deplore in others?
– “They’re so quick to judge. And they never really make an effort to understand those who are different from them.”
5.) Which living person do you most admire?
– “Sarah Burton of McQueen, my gosh! She took up a great man’s mantle and did her duty so, so well.”
6.) What is your greatest extravagance?
– “My dreams of becoming a designer. I have spent so much time, money, and effort into making sure I get the right education and the best opportunities.”
7.) What is your current state of mind?
– “Pumped! I’m visiting some friends soon, and I’m really looking forward to that.”
8.) What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
– “Purity? It doesn’t sound like much fun.”
9.) On what occasion do you lie?
– “I don’t. I mean, I must have, at some point, but it’s not a habit of mine. I speak my mind to my heart’s content, so hiding things doesn’t come very naturally to me.”
10.) What do you most dislike about your appearance?
– “I’m tiny.”
11.) Which living person do you most despise?
– “Design copycats.”
12.) What is the quality you most like in a man?
– “I like men who look like they could throw me over their shoulder and have their wicked way with me. Everyone likes a bad boy.”
13.) What is the quality you most like in a woman?
– “I like confident women. It’s really sexy.”
14.) Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
– “I say ‘gosh’ a lot. It’s really weird.”
15.) What or who is the greatest love of your life?
– “Jason Momoa.”
16.) When and where were you happiest?
– “I was stuck in a lift with Prince Harry once. That happened in my imagination.”
17.) Which talent would you most like to have?
– “Gosh, I used to want to know how to walk tightropes or juggle so I could join a travelling circus. Nowadays, I just wish I could be more tidy.”
18.) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
– “To be more orderly!”
19.) What do you consider your greatest achievement?
– “Building systems and being able to break them down after.”
20.) If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
– “Alexander McQueen’s first gown.”
21.) Where would you most like to live?
– “I like being in New York. There are so many opportunities to make clothes for really amazing people here. I wouldn’t choose to move to any other place just yet.”
22.) What is your most treasured possession?
– “My sketchbooks. All the clothes and accessories I’ve ever dreamed up are immortalised on those pages.”
23.) What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
– “Being content with wasting your life away.”
24.) What is your favorite occupation?
– “This is a really weird question.”
25.) What is your most marked characteristic?
– “I have hands and feet that look like they belong to my little sister, and a mouth that belongs on a truck driver.”
26.) What do you most value in your friends?
– “Their being really badass.”
27.) Who are your favorite writers?
– “Nina Garcia.”
28.) Who is your hero of fiction?
– “Gosh, Holly Golightly for sure!”
29.) Which historical figure do you most identify with?
– “Oscar Wilde.”
30.) Who are your heroes in real life?
– “Coco Chanel. She is such a legend. Vera Wang is also wonderful.”
31.) What are your favorite names?
– “Weird question. Next?”
32.) What is it that you most dislike?
– “People trying to lecture me all the time.”
33.) What is your greatest regret?
– “I don’t want to think about that just yet. Get back to me when I’m older.”
34.) How would you like to die?
– “In whichever way for as long as I have a fashion label to leave as a legacy.”
35.) What is your motto?
– “Never tell anyone they can’t do anything. That’s just horrible.”